Blog

I Really Should Be In Bed

Posted on Thursday 23rd October 2008 at 00:00
Just a very quick post to let you all know that I've finally fixed the baffling problems with the database tables that this website uses to display its content.

For reasons I've been unable to explain, entries have been popping up in completely the wrong order for weeks, and it has brought the site to its digital knees.

After about an hour of troubleshooting with a friend of mine, we discovered that there has been a change in the coding standards for MySQL database queries. It is only a small change, but it broke everything.

They've decided that everywhere I've written a ' in every database look up I've done for the last 5 years, I've now got to replace it with a `.

That's right, ' must become `. That pointless little decision, which wasn't picked up in any error messages has cost me around 10 hours of troubleshooting time over the last couple of weeks.

Thanks a bunch techy people!

I'm going to bed.

Goodnight.

Recent Posts


<-- Time Ticks ByPointless Post -->